Monday, July 23, 2012

Writing Sample

CELESTE-CHAPTER ONE

His hair was mane, tousled, and tangled. He had a scraggly beard that masked his features. The dim lamplight shone in the curled length of his hair, trapped, and unable to escape. He looked more like a fierce animal than a human.

A sigh escaped Celeste as he stood in her doorway. She was so very weary. Her soul felt as though it had drained from her. She was just dry brittle bone. Nothing soft was left. Even he softness of her sigh vanished into the musky darkness.

Silver trails of tears slid silently down his cheeks. The sight of the tears contrasted against the rough quality of the man. Celeste was shocked, as nothing else had shocked her in three years as a soiled dove.

"My wife, well she died last month. She died because she gave my son life. I will never love again. I don't have a heart, or love, they died with Sarah. I don't want sex either. I'm cursed. My first wife, Ardis, died giving birth to my first son. Two women have born my child. Both of them died giving my son's life. I will never again plant my seed in another woman..."

No comments:

Post a Comment