Monday, July 23, 2012

Celeste, Women of the Drifting Anchor Ranch

I warned everyone that Celeste would be a bit of a rougher read than most of the novels in the series, "Women of the Drifting Anchor Ranch." For those of my dear friends and families that have a weak stomach for how harsh the world can be you may want to skip this novel.

On the other hand, there IS purpose for the strong stuff in this novel. It has a value, and if you can read it keeping in mind that there WILL be some forms of redemption I feel that I did some of my best writing in this book.  Celeste Benoit is a remarkable woman who has faced the harshest situations that life can wrap you in, and come off conqueror.  If you are brave with the first part of the book there will some fun, and uplifting things in the rest of the book that will reward your effort.

It was while writing this book, (the book that was a total surprise and almost seemed to write itself), that I learned how prevalent sexual slavery is in our world today.  It's at the highest point in history!  After learning that I felt that this book was meant to educate people about an ugly condition.  It's horrifying for me to realize that sexual slavery is practiced far more today than it was in the 19th century!  In addition there are evil people who are paid to troll the small towns in America looking for small children in vulnerable positions to snatch.  One woman in this situation was an adult with the mind of a child.  They target our most vulnerable.  We CAN shine a light in the darkness of this evil.  We CAN protect our own precious children (never ever leave them unprotected by an adult, not even in your front yard).

Thanks to all those who read and enjoy my work. Vivian Varlowe

No comments:

Post a Comment