Friday, July 6, 2012

CELEBRATE, PARTY TIME!

So as an independent author I also am in charge of all my own marketing.  I have prayed, and thought about any ways to gain interest in my books.  As much as I LOVE to write I am actually writing this series to earn money.  GRIN

I was a Mary Kay "Consultant" twice.  I LOVED teaching the skincare and makeup classes.  I was pretty good if I DO SAY SO MYSELF!  The only problem was that I felt guilty asking people to pay money for the products that I was promoting.  SOOOOOO, I would GIVE them the products.  That meant that I WAS PAYING FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF TEACHING!  lol

I thought about it and decided that having "Drifting Anchor" parties would be a lot of fun, and hopefully would generate some book sales.  I hope to be able to start this next summer, 2014.

This is the way that I see it working.  I will come in costume, (something from the 1800's), my hair really doesn't look like something a woman in the 1800's would wear so I will probably get a wig.  The people that attend are also encouraged to wear a costume from the 1800's. 

If I hostess the party I get to choose which type of party we will have.  We can have a 1. Quilting Bee
2.  Knitting party  3. Crocheting party  4.  Sewing party  5.  Herbs, and or essential oils 6.  Music from the 1800's.  If YOU hostess then you get to decide the party type.

Whatever type of party we have we will also eat food from the 1800's, and every once in a while randomly I will call out, time for a gift!  Each person that attends the party will be given a ticket.  I will have one half of the ticket with a number on it.  I will draw out a number, and the lucky winner will be given a present.  They can choose from several wrapped items.

I will also read from one of my books, AND we will sing songs from the 1800's.  I'm so excited to get this ball rolling.

The hostess of a party will receive a thank you present.  If they have a quilting bee they get to keep the quilt, or there will be other options for the hostess as a thank you gift.

If anybody wishes to sign up for a party with dates starting in the summer of 2014 let me know.  You can email me at lovethatcj@gmail.com   Looking forward to summer!

In addition, I am writing three more books next year.  Two more books from my series "Women of the Drifting Anchor Ranch," and one called Haunted Love.  Haunted Love came from a dream that I had one night.  It will be a tense page turner with mystery, romance, a ghost, espionage, and adorable children.  It's got a little of a lot.

So, roll out this old year, and the three new novels I will publish this year or very close to the New Year  and roll on new novels, and book parties!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment