Thursday, June 20, 2013

Celeste's Journal

Blake was snatched back from the brink of death.  Doctor Stone said that his recovery is a miracle.  The good doc explained that big cat's carry awful germs in their large paws.  So when they maul a person like it did Blake they rarely ever survive.  He said that even one scratch could infect a person so badly that they would die.

I still am not sure of what I think about God.  I've been angry with him for so long.  Yet during Blake's illness I prayed...the first time I had done that since my family died.  In addition I have worked with the boys to say their nightly prayers.  I do it because I know that's what Ardis and Sarah would have wished for their sons...to pray, go to church, and have a background of faith to get them through the hardest parts of life.

So...we thought the worst was over...AND THEN...Jamie became very ill.  Doc didn't know what caused the illness.  Jamie was throwing up, had diarrhea, a really high temperature, and his throat was very sore and swollen to the point that he couldn't swallow.

Next he became delirious for three days.  I was afraid that his Mother Sarah was coming to bring him to her.

I fell asleep in a rocker next to his bed one night.  I was awakened by the sweetest voice.  "Celeste, Celeste, please wake up."  I came upright in one jerk.  There raised slightly above the earth was a person.  Her face radiated the purest of joy and rapture.  I recognized her from Jamie's picture of his Mama, Sarah.

She said, "Celeste, I want to thank you for taking good care of Jamie.  He IS very sick but he WILL recover.  Do not worry dear Celeste.  He WILL recover."

"Remember that Eric was my son as well.  I loved him as though he had been in my womb.  I am also grateful that you take such loving care of him."

"Celeste, you have brought so much happiness to Blake.  He was so damaged by my death, but then you know that."  I blushed hard thinking of my first meeting with Blake.  I was surprised to find myself blushing.  I thought that I had long since quit being embarrassed by human behavior.

"Don't be impatient with Blake, Celeste.  He WILL come to realize how much he loves you.  I want you to know that Ardis and I are together and we both give our blessing to your union with Blake.  He needs the companionship and love of a good woman...a woman who will also adore our sons and raise them in the ways of the Great Creator."

Sarah's person shimmered.  I was a little discomforted by the realization that I could see the opposite wall right through Sarah.

Sarah laughed and as she laughed she shimmered more.  Her clothing was the brightest white that I had ever seen.  The white seemed to become brighter and lighter as Sarah laughed.

Finally Sarah said, "Never forget Celeste that Ardis and I love and appreciate you.  We are all part of a family.  In our family there will be eternal love."

"Dear you had better awaken now.  Jamie is awake and very ill...NOW!"

I jerked forward and shook my head.  Jamie was throwing up in the pail they kept next to his bed.  I ran forward to hold his head, and smooth the hair away from his flushed face.

I didn't have time then to think about my dream, and what Sarah said.  Later, when Jamie had healed and I had moved home.  I had lots of time to think about it.  It gave me a sense of peace and joy to think that Ardis and Sarah approved of me.  Now if I could just get Blake to agree!

Shaking my head I tried to clear it.  The dream had seemed so real.  But I was sleeping when it
happened.  It was just a dream.  Sarah is dead.  She couldn't come to me, could she?  Feeling confused I decided it was time to sleep.  Good-night!





No comments:

Post a Comment