Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Love to Create

Celeste's Journal

I LOVE to create!  Taking some fabric, some pins, and a pattern that I have created out of newspaper inspires me to create something new.  It makes me shiny happy when I see a woman walking down the street in one of my creations.  I don't JUST make random fashion.  I look at each of my customers and create a one of a kind dress with the colors and style that emphasize their strengths and play down their weaknesses.

It's a good thing that I have this grand passion for fashion because it provides me with food, shelter, and clothing for myself.  I rarely sew anything for myself.  What is the pleasure in that?  OK, sometimes I do make something exquisite for myself.  I am after all a woman and if I look shabby who would wish to purchase my creations?

On rainy days it is such a joy to be inside, close to a warm fireplace.  Sometimes I sit and look at a sketch pad for several hours trying to envision what I wish to create.  A spring dress for Wilhelmina Bond, (adorable little girl), took me most of an afternoon to create.  

On those rare days when customers are few and far between.  I remind myself of the joy and wonder of creating.  I feel as though this is the perfect niche for me, creating clothing of beauty.   

No comments:

Post a Comment