Monday, May 13, 2013

A First For Me

I spoke at an adult group tonight about writing, my series, and some of the subject matter covered in my series.  Since it was the very first time that I did so I think that it went ok....not great...just ok.  I sang my original composition from my first book, "Beth, Women of the Drifting Anchor Ranch." In the book Jamie writes a song and sings it to Beth for a Christmas present.  One of these days I will publish the song in my blog.

I was so nervous that I kept jumping around in my outline.  I didn't know most of the people in the group.  They all listened attentively, and no one fell asleep so I took that as a positive sign!

We sat outside in the foothills of a beautiful mountain range in the Western United States.  I couldn't help but remember that most of the beginnings of my books started right here, in this beautiful place.

I enjoyed speaking about my writing, my books, but next time (and I hope there is a next time) I will be better prepared.  I think like most things "Practice makes perfect."  I plan on continuing to grow and practice until the last moment of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment