Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Online Writing Interview

I'm SO EXCITED today.  I have an online interview about my writing at ariverofstones.com  This interview is under my pen name of Vivian Varlowe.  I'm learning new and different things about marketing.  I have met some amazing people in my writing experience.  I would like to give gratitude to them in this post.  Cozette at Aunt Addy's Country Closet has been so helpful, and positive.  We share the unfortunate connection of being widowed.  Both of us are doing our best to keep living but to say it's hard is to far understate it.
 
Kathryn Elizabeth Jones the founder of ariverofstones.com, is a lovely woman.  She has been writing for a long time.  She also has a publishing company.  She is a writer/marketer who loves to give other writers a helping hand up.  I purchased her book, "Marketing your Book on a Budget."  It's incredibly helpful, and she charged the minimal amount of $5.00 for the book.

M..dear indie writer friend.(don't know if she'd want me to name her on my blog), is a brilliant writer.  She has written multiple series of books.  I can easily see her books as movies.  She generously, lovingly, supports other writers as they stride on this path.  M has so willingly shown me the ropes of being an Independent Writer.  She has also brightened my life when my beloved husband died at 54 years of age.

The last people I wish to thank are my two daughters AND my beloved husband.  They have been loving, supportive, and willing to help me in any way possible.  Our oldest daughter is a professional editor and researcher.  She edited my first novel, and did the computer things to publish my book that I'm not quite literate in yet.  Sarah my youngest has been free in her support and love.

My husband has been gone for almost 2 years now but I still hear his voice in my head.  When I struggle for a word or explaining a specific concept I hear him.  He wrote two published books "Flagpole Fighting and Other Lessons My Mother Taught Me," and "My Child My Love."  He told me once that I was a good writer.  For me that was high praise!  He was a gifted writer.  I fell in love with him because of his writing skills! 

My Papa has been gone for 23 years now.  He a was a brilliant writer. He wrote amazing poetry in Iambic Pentameter...YIKES...in case you don't what that is...it's a specific rhythm of five counts.  I struggle just to write simple rhyme, "I love my doggy, love him so, love my doggy, don't you know, I love my doggy, love him so!"  YUP...Papa wrote in Iambic Pentameter.

Often, I envision my Father and my sweetheart standing on either side of me, giving me a missing word, or a great idea.  After all it was Nyle who gave me the name of the ranch that my series would revolve around, "The Drifting Anchor."

So this post is a gratitude post.  I'm grateful for the outlet of writing.  I 'm grateful for the people that have supported me along the way (that includes all of you who are reading what I write), I'm ever so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment