Thursday, July 4, 2013

Celeste's Journal

Tonight was the harvest dance.  I LOVE to dance.  Being held close in Blake's strong arms, listening to the melody, lyrics, rhythm of the music, moving together, with the music driving our actions...it is utterly magical to me!

There were so many refreshments!  I brought croissants, which were gone very quickly.  That was a gratifying feeling.  Even if the people in this town don't accept me, at least they appreciate my cooking!

Blake asked Sophronia to dance.  So Tom asked me to dance.  I felt awkward at first.  A silence fell between us.  Finally Tom smiled and broke the silence.  "Celeste, you look even lovelier than usual tonight!  That Blake Calkin is a lucky man!"

I felt a blush rise in my face.  Then I smiled and said sincerely, "Sophronia is a blessed woman Tom.  I'm glad that you two have each other."

From there we discussed crops, crop values, weather, his children, and the conversation just flowed slowly and naturally.  I still was happy when Blake came back and claimed me.

We danced several square dances.  I love the intricate calling of different types of movement.  Allemande left, Promenade her home...that is my favorite call when it is Blake that promenades me.

I danced with Red for a couple of numbers...then I danced with Eric, and Jamie.  Eric stood on my feet and I moved him about that way.  I had to hold Jamie, and I just moved to the rhythm with my sweet boys.

Willard Bond came and asked me to dance.  He is such a charming, refined man.  I understand why Lucille fell in love with him.  I'm just not quite certain what he saw in Lucille.  She is rigid, judgmental, and cranky.  My Maman would tell me not to judge others.  Still I can't get out of my head how poorly Lucille has treated me.  She buys her clothes from me, but the acts like she doesn't know me.

I'm so very tired.  It was a lovely night tonight.  The food was amazing.  I ate until I could barely move.  That's the only problem with lots of good food...you are too soon full, and unable to eat more!

Blake, Red, Jamie, and Eric drove me home in the moonlight. Blake got out, came around and helped me out of the wagon.  He kissed me so tenderly, and whispered in my ear, "Jetaime, mon chere, jetaime."I will hold his dear, loving words in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment