Thursday, July 11, 2013

Celeste's Journal

After church today Blake, Red, and the boys, came and picked me up.  I went to the ranch with them, and we had an amazing luncheon outside on the porch.  I helped Red create the bounteous meal.  We had homemade bread, some croissants that I had made, several types of cheeses, meats, different types of pickles, (I make some pretty delicious dill pickles if I do say so myself,) green beans fresh from my garden, and for dessert Red's amazing double fudge cake.

Blake, Red, and I cleaned up afterwards while the boys played in the yard.  It's amazing to me that cleaning with Red and Blake is so much fun.  It doesn't seem like work at all.  Both of them tease me and I tease both of them, and we laugh lots, and I'm always amazed at how quickly the task goes.

When we were finished Blake took my hand.  Turning it over he kissed my palm gently.  "These hands work so very hard, mon chere.  How do you keep them so scrumptiously soft?"

I laughed, "It's most probably the unicorn oil that I massage them with morning and night?" 

"Unicorn oil?"  Blake and Red said in unison.

"Unicorn oil." I repeated.

"Where do you find this amazing stuff, I would like some for my hands.  Blake said with a grin."

"Oh, I'm sorry but I promised the good fairy that I would never divulge my source.  In the past people have hunted the unicorns almost to the point of extinction.  I'm certain that I could trust you, but the fairy doesn't always trust men."

"Fairy, unicorn oil?  Wow," Red exclaimed.  "I've been told that I kissed the blarney stone.  I didn't know that they had a blarney stone in France."

I laughed and kissed Red on the cheek.  "Red dear, in France we need no blarney stone to kiss.  We are all born with the gift of blarney."

Blake was still holding her hand.  "Red will you watch the boys while we go for a short walk?"

Red waved both of his hands, "Shoo, both of you.  The boys and I will take a lovely after dinner nap."

The sun was dappled-shining through the crimson, golden leaves of Autumn.  The air was warm but there was a subtle bite of crisper, cooler air in the afternoon's sunshine. 

We walked silently, hand in hand for a long time.  I enjoyed the feel of Blake's large, incredibly strong hand.  His hand was roughened from outdoor work.  His grip on my hand was firm, but gentle.  My fingers are long, tapering at the tips.  Her fingers were as long as Blake's.  Her palm was about twice as small as Blake's.

Suddenly Blake grinned and winked at me.  "First one to reach that huge boulder wins!"  He took off running. 

I wasted no time arguing.  Pulling up my skirts I ran with all of my power.  The air moving smoothly past my face as I ran.  This run reminded me of another race. 

In this memory race I was a child, and I was racing with my older brother.  I knew that his legs were far longer than mine but I was convinced that I could still beat him.  After all, it wasn't so much about the length of the legs, but about how quickly they could move.

Before my family left France I finally beat my brother at racing, one brilliant morning.  My brother grinned.  He seemed as happy as I was that I had beaten him.  "Hmmm Cele since when did you get so fast at running? he said with a bright grin on his face."

"Since I realized that my legs are shorter than yours but I'm faster than you are!"

I felt a huge grin on my face remembering the happy memory.  Picking up speed soon I was even with Blake, and then pulled ahead as I reached the boulder first.

"Really?  Really Cele?  I even cheated and got a head start and you can still beat me?  In a dress with gajillions of yards of fabric, and skinny little shoes that have virtually no sole, you can beat me?"

I felt an enormous smile break out on my face.  "Just remember Blake, I am now, and always will be faster than you!"

Blake growled, "Well you may be better than running than me Mademoiselle Benoit, but I am far stronger than you!"

Blake scooped me up into his arms and began tickling me along the ribs. 

I begged, "Stop Blake, stop....oh...ha ha...oh goodness, please Blake, STOP!

Blake did NOT stop for a long time.  Finally he put me down.  Taking my face in both of his hands he kissed me.  The kiss was hungry, and thirsty, it felt as though he wanted to kiss me all the way to my soul.

Finally he drew back.  "I suppose we should get back.  I can't imagine that Eric went to nap willingly, and I imagine that Red is getting frustrated."

Hand in hand we walked through the glory of the autumnal road.

No comments:

Post a Comment