Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lacy, frosted, whiteness

The tree with lacy whiteness on redded berries danced branches open to embrace winter's wonders

I HATE WINTER!! Looking at the above line you might not guess that. I was born in the winter warmth of Southern California. I do NOT need snow to think it's Christmasey. Actually I would prefer to go to the beach, and tiptoe into the waves, dancing with the oceans rhythms.

I lived for six wonderful years in socal as I've heard it called now. SIGH, I know that by confessing the next statement I'm showing my age. At the same time I'm proud of each and every year that I've lived and would NOT give any back, EVEN the miserable ones...they had something to teach me!

So....age, and life aside, I have since lived in Utah, Minnesota, Idaho, Wyoming, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where they proudly announce that they receive at least six FEET of snow each and every winter. They fail to announce that said snow falls over the period of around SEVEN TO EIGHT MONTHS EACH YEAR! Really, really? Who wants to live in winter longer than any other season?

OK...so, six years in wintry warmth, and forty-nine years in winter frost and ice. HMMMM....maybe I should finally learn to embrace winter? That is my goal for this year. So, once in awhile you will see me post something wonderful about winter as I try to change my attitude towards this specific season.

I'm going to partake now of one of my favorite gifts of cold....HOT COCOA! Either made with Kaffix, or Pero to give it a mocha like sweet and bitter, or with cinnamon, and whipped cream to turn it into a Mexican luxury...either way it's warmth and goodness both to sight, smell, and sniffing, and gently it warms you from the inside out.

So...two positive things about winter, writing fun little sound bites of beauty, AND drinking hot cocoa. Please, anyone that reads this put in the comments positive things that you like about winter. Maybe I can add your reasons to my I EMBRACE WINTER list.

No comments:

Post a Comment