Friday, November 14, 2014

Celeste's Journal

Christmas is coming again.  Not right away.  Autumn leaves are still covering the ground with a carpet of gold.  I love to go to the ranch.  Blake was very thoughtful about the trees that he planted around the house.  He planted several fire maples.  Their crimson loveliness is my favorite.  The leaves are shaped so delightfully.  They explode into brilliance when autumn arrives.

One day when I was watching just Jamie, I took a couple of quilts outside.  First we had a delightful picnic lunch.  We had bread, cheese, some grape juice, and some delicious apples.  Then Jamie fell asleep on the quilt.  I covered him with the other quilt.  I decided to snuggle next to him and watch the leaves waft gently from the trees, down, down onto us.

The next thing I knew Jamie was moving around awakening from his nap.  I felt absolutely the strongest contentment.  We had a blanket of brilliantly covered leaves over our quilt.  I told Jamie to hold still for just another moment.  I told him to watch the leaves over our heads.  The sun was shining through them.  We were far enough away from the ranch house, and yard that we couldn't hear the busy workers there.  Silence was complete.

True to his nature Jamie's stillness did not last very long.  He was up and raring to move!  So we gathered the quilts, shook them, and gathered all of our picnic foods.  I took Jamie in the house and we did a couple of chores.  I think a day needs to be balanced.  We do something fun, then a necessary task, then something fun, and then another necessary task.  I feel much more content with my life when I approach it in this manner.

Eric was soon home from school.  He and Jamie went outside to do one of their myriad daily chores.  Blake came in and talking me by the hand he led me outside.  He asked me to walk with him.  So we walked hand in hand along the path that leads to the river that runs through his ranch.  It was so beautiful.  God's hand was evident in the colors, textures, and smells of the season.

After we walked for about a half hour Blake turned me towards him and slowly, oh ever so slowly, pulled me close.  He kissed me.  A single shaft of wind blew the leaves around us as we kissed.  I never wanted that brilliant moment to end.  I will cherish this day for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment