Thursday, May 3, 2012

Holding my book in my hands

A glorious moment today.  I held my first book, "Beth, Women of the Drifting Anchor Ranch," in my hands.  I've spent twenty years wishing, hoping, and dreaming for this event.  It makes me smile to think of my sweetheart Nyle's pride for this accomplishment. 

In case anyone reads my dedication and wonders who "Bingo" is....that was one of the many names for my husband.  He was in a play at Brigham Young University that he didn't want to be in.  The director begged Nyle so he decided to do it even though it was a tiny part.  He had his name listed as Bingo Smith because he was slightly embarrassed to be on a small stage in a small part.

How could he have known that the small stage with the small part would earn him a nomination for the Irene Ryan Regional Acting Award?  This is a very big deal in this corner of the world.  Imagine his chagrin when on the list of nominees he was listed as "Bingo Smith," just as he had printed on the program.

After that many of his friends called him Bingo.  I thought this story was so funny, and it was entertaining to call him Bingo.  I have a lanyard somewhere that says "I Love BINGO."  Our girls gave it to me for Christmas one year.  Many people would be surprised and say, "Really, do you love Bingo that much?"  Then they would get to hear the story about my beloved Bingo...and NO it wasn't about the game!


No comments:

Post a Comment